Who were the Navajo code talkers?

  Who Were Navajo Code Talkers? James Buckley Jr. tells how a native american tribe speaks their language for a secret code. This book is about the Navajo people. They are famous for using their language for a secret code that the Japanese would not break during World War II. However, you have to get people who are bilingual. Then the military found out that many people wanted to join the army to fight the Nazi and Japan. So it turns out that Navajo marines were the best radio man that the military has ever had. Read this book to find out more about the Navajo language and the people and their culture and I hope you learned more about World War II because I did. 


I like this book because I like learning about history. It was really cool to learn how the Navajo people wanted to go to war after the people hated them but after the end they are Heroes. Also even though the pictures are black and white they are very detailed and it gave me a better picture of what's going on. I think you should read this book if you like history and learning about people you don't hear about in the war. I have a personal connection and that is that my dad also served in the military and this book is all about the military. I hope you read and enjoy this book


Comments

Popular Posts