I survived the Galveston Hurricane

 


I Survived The Galveston Hurricane, a real invention by Lauren Tarshis tells about a boy who does not think a hurricane can hit his little town. The main character is a boy named Charlie Miller who has a little sister that hates thunderstorms. Charlie wanted to get Gordon, the school bully, to stop messing with him with magic tricks. However the waves at Galveston were higher than ever, and many kids were playing in the water. So it was the perfect place to do a magic trick on the bully. Read this book to find out what will happen to the town and if a hurricane can hit them.


I like this book because I like to learn about things that happen in history. It is weird to think that the people did think a hurricane couldn’t hit the place. The funny thing is that it did hit 1800 hundreds, and they overflow every day. I like Peter because at the end Gordon, the school bully, became friend with peter.


Comments

Popular Posts